Working from home can be boring and working alone may lead you to procrastination. When I started my work at home journey, I also fell for the same traps. However, as I learned the ropes of the trade, I became more organized and eventually started to get the best out of my work at home.
From my experience, here are some tips on how to improve your work at home in one day:
1. Start the day with structured ‘me time’: Go through email and social media updates that have piled up overnight and triage the backlog. Schedule the bigger tasks. And delete the stuff that is informational or not important.
2. Schedule regular breaks during the day: Working non-stop is not productive, because you get tired and lose focus. Block off time in your calendar and take breaks. Making these breaks a routine increases predictability, creating a regular schedule to keep your mind organized. If you can afford it, take a 10- to 20-minute power nap after lunch, too.
3. Switch off popup notifications on mobile devices and on desktop: Don’t let applications interrupt your concentration with annoying popup messages. Shut them off. Now. And limit checking your email to set times during the day. You won’t regret it.
4. Chop up big problems into smaller chunks: This will reduce the feeling of overload and the procrastination associated with taking on big jobs.
5. Use checklists for repetitive tasks to reduce errors: Particularly when you are overworked or are operating under time constraints, checklists keep you on track.
It is very easy for one day to change your life when working from home. Simple diligence and perseverance will make all the difference in being successful. As mentioned earlier procrastination can be a big thing to stop you when you are very serious about anything in life, so don’t fall in the trap. I can’t emphasize enough to set your schedule and routine and stick with it. Every day will be different, however every day can be an achievement. As I always say – Rome wasn’t built in a day! 🙂
Hope these tips will help you improving your work at home experience. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Below I have listed a few reputable companies that you may want to check out for opportunities at home. As always I wish you the best in finding work at home that you will be satisfied and happy with!
Paragon Planners are seeking schedulers and appointment setters that desire to work from home. They recruit and seek those truly interested in being successful. Opportunities have hours up to 35 hours per week. Every state is not listed for employment at this time, so check out the listing to see if your state is there now.
Maritz is hiring part-time at home workers to do interviews from customers to ensure they are receiving the best care and professionalism of customer satisfaction. This includes gathering information regarding products and services. I have worked with this company before and really enjoyed it. The hours was just a little more than I wanted, therefore I ended up letting it go. If you are interested in 20 hours a week or more, I would recommend you check them out.